Skip to main content

Life Starts Now

Good morning everyone! Now, normally I write about books, movies, or tv shows, but I'm going to be adding some posts about a personal journey that I am going to embark upon today.

For the past, oh I don't know, like 10 years I have been unhappy with my weight. Each year it seems I add about 10-15 pounds to my weight and even though I try to change things nothing much ever changes weight wise for me.

I am finally done with all the yo-yoing and starting and stopping. I can't tell you how many times I've given up soda, sweets, etc. But today marks the day that I finally start my healthy lifestyle. I don't want to think of it as giving things up. I want to think of it as getting healthy and gaining more muscle, stamina, and a better body.

First things first, I am going to get back into working out. I love the BeachBody system of online workouts and programs. I started this program last year in January and in the past year I have worked out more than any other year since high school. I love the variety of their programs and the ability to be able to pretty much workout anywhere as long as you can get the internet. They are constantly adding new workouts to their online portal as well. There's always something new to try.

I am going to get back into the swing of things with the Youv2 program. This is a fun, dancing program that is great cardio. It burns a lot of calories, and gets me sweaty. It's really fun to do and can be challenging as well. This is going to help me get back into the swing of things so then I can do the mini-program, A Little Obsessed, and then take on the new program, 80-Day Obsession. I plan on working out almost 7 days a week. I have to be realistic and understand that sometimes I am going to need at least 1 day off from working out during the week. I will try my hardest to make sure that it's only one day a week for rest and if I can work out that I will instead of resting.
Next, I am going to concentrate on my nutrition. First I am going to start drinking my shakeology morning shakes. I usually stick with the chocolate shakeology with a banana and ice. Sometimes I mix in some peanut butter, but I think I am going to try to stay away from adding the extra peanut butter calories. Shakeology comes in a variety of flavors and there are so many combinations you can do to make different shakes. I love drinking them for breakfast, because it's fast, easy, and actually quite yummy.


I'm also going to follow the 21 day fix containers portioning system. Using your weight you determine your calories, and then how many of each container you can have per day. This will help me stay on track and meet my calories as well as keep me from eating junk and over-eating.

I'm giving myself a strict no eating after 8 pm rule though. If I eat after 8 pm I am almost always eating junk. This will help me from eating unnecessary food and taking in calories that are difficult to burn after 8 p.m.

In order to get my butt in gear I have also made a Healthywage challenge. I challenged myself to get to my goal weight of 140 lbs by June 14, 2018. If I lose the weight and meet my goal then I'll earn about $2000. Right in time to have a nice body for summer and have some extra money for the summer months.

I'm starting out today at 262 lbs, and yes I hate to admit that I weigh that much. But I need to be honest and get my butt in action to finally lose the weight and be happy and healthy again. I need to work hard everyday either working out or watching my food intake in order to meet my goals. I know that I can do this and honestly I need to do this. In the back of my mind, I am always thinking about how clothes fit, developing diabetes, and other conditions. If I continue my life at the weight I am currently at, then I could develop more series health issues. I don't want to deal with anything like that, so here goes!!!

Here's my before: (262 lbs)
Ways for me to reach my goals:
-Workout daily
-Drink my shakeology
-Drink lots of water
-Eat fruits and veggies
-Use my containers
-Weekly weigh-ins
-Check in here to track progress

So here goes, my life starts NOW!! I have 169 days left before my goal date!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tattoos.... Addictive or Not?

Tattoos although painful, are something that society accepts and even praises now a days. Long ago it was something that mostly men who were in some branch of the service did to prove their bravery and have a lasting memory of the honor they got while serving. Now not only do men get tattoos but more and more women are getting tattoos, and not just in places that you can't see all the time either. Kat VonD comes to mind when I think of women who are very liberal with tattoos and look amazing and beautiful with them as well, (even if she is a man stealer). She not only has a lot of tattoos, but she is an amazing tattoo artist and runs her own shop, you can watch her on LA Ink. I waited until I was completely sure, and had enough money before I got my first tattoo last year on spring break during student teaching. I had to wait until I had a break from school, because I got my first tattoo along the side of my right foot, and I would not have been able to wear the correct and appro

Remembering 9/11....

       I just wanted to say thank you to all those people out there who serve our country, and protect us day and night.        9 years ago, I was sitting in my 7th grade study hall, when we heard people running through the halls, thats when my teacher went out to investigate and he found out what was going on. He came back into the classroom and turned on our tv. What we saw was horrifying, surreal, and very very sad. I saw the second world trade center tower fall, and I saw people jumping out of the building, and I saw debris crashing to the ground in NYC. As a 7th grader, I was in shock, to me the U.S. was impenetrable. I really never thought that something like that could happen to my country. I was shocked, appalled, and confused. I realize now how naive I was, and how my judgement and view on life was forever changed that day.        I really have no idea whether it was the planes that knocked the towers down, or if it was explosives set off inside. For more information on the

Data Entry Clerk

I received a call yesterday from Pro-Tell, a company based out of Norwich, saying that they had seen my resume online and would like me to come in and do the typing tests to become a data entry clerk. So I figured, hey I might as well try this right? It's full time, 40-45 hours a week, and it will last until next summer! Exactly what I was looking for, and well I have been typing on the computer since I was like 5! I get there and I have to do two typing tests, one for words and one for numbers. Before I begin both tests, I am told that accuracy is more important than speed. Therefore, I make sure that my typing is correct rather than speedy. Both of my tests are completely correct and accurate, but I am told on both that I need to pick up my speed. No problem, I think to myself because when I am regularly typing I am pretty quick. Well the boss comes in and tells me that I am right on the borderline, and that he will have to call me tomorrow to see if they will allow me to become