Skip to main content

Mix Cds Still Rock

    I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful car, which has a cd player and pretty nice speakers. Therefore, for long road trips or commutes, I usually make mixed cds to help pass the time. I usually make a cd of newly downloaded songs to my ITunes, or of songs that I really love that I know will help me stay awake during the ride.
     Lately, I have been listening to Sirius Radio the Octane channel. It's their mostly rock channel with a little bit of metal thrown in there. Most of the time I love this channel, it has really good rock oldies on there, and awesome new rock for me to get into! Also, my favorite dj is a girl and her name is Kayla! This station usually gives me a ton of new music to download when I get home. So I downloaded about 14 songs from the Octane station to make a New Rock Mix for my car and for ITunes.
     This is my New Rock Mix:

Dragonfly by Shaman's Harvest
Liar by Rains
Dumb Luck by Red Line Chemistry
Still Counting by Volbeat
Therapy by Craving Lucy
Odd One by Sick Puppies
Bad Company by Five Finger Death Punch
Hero  by Skillet
Kick In The Teeth by Papa Roach
Monster by Skillet
Another Way to Die by Disturbed
Coming Undone by Tantric
Undead by Hollywood Undead
The Catalyst by Linkin Park


    This has to be one of the best mixes that I have ever made. I love the combination of voices, melodies, and bands on this cd. Each song is a favorite of mine, except The Catalyst. I normally LOVE Linkin Park, but this new song of their is something that I just can't get into, or enjoy. On the other hand, I really love this cd!
     Dragonfly by Shaman's Harvest has a great beat, and his voice is just wonderful. I really love how you can just get into this song! I downloaded some more from Shaman's Harvest but haven't had the time to listen to them yet.
     Liar by Rains is an awesome song! It has the best melody, his voice is perfect, and the lyrics are invigorating. I love listening to this song in my car, and just blaring it! It's easy to learn and great to sing to!
     Dumb Luck by Red Line Chemistry is a different song. The guitar and bass on this song are awesome and his voice is very different. I really love the chorus, and the very trippy vibe it has to it. The message of this song is also very interesting.
     Still Counting by Volbeat is so different it's great. His voice is so interesting and flippy that it just pulls you into the song. You don't care what words you're singing, you just want to sing with him. Then the songs hits you and it's all of a sudden hard rock, just awesome.
     Therapy by Craving Lucy is also amazing. I love the static beginning, and how they pull you in with an amazing beat and guitar. Then the lead singer brings you in with the lyrics, and you just want to croon along with him.
    Odd One by Sick Puppies is so original it's ridiculous. The lyrics are wonderful and breathtaking. I really love what they are saying about people who are different and imaginative (as all artists must be). But, it also has a great melody, his voice is wonderful, and the instruments aren't that bad either.
    Bad Company by Five Finger Death Punch is a throwback to old western music with rock thrown in there! It's a great mix of awesome vocals and amazing guitar skills, with interesting lyrics that make you want to put on some cowboy boots and fight someone!
     Hero and Monster by Skillet are both amazing tracks. The lead singer is awesome and the feature girl singer is a great addition to these two tracks. Both have awesome lyrics and great musical melodies. Both of these songs will make you love Skillet and want to download more of their music.
     Kick in the Teeth by Papa Roach is kind of a breath of fresh air compared to some of their music. I love this song because the chorus just gets you in the mood to fight, party, or makeout! haha. It's an awesome track from a seasoned band.
    Another Way to Die by Disturbed is amazing on a whole other level. This song is politically charged and gives a great message about pollution and global warning that everyone should stop and listen to. They are a band that not only sings and riffs like no one else, but they also send a message with their songs to their audience. It's music for thought, just like the Beatles, only a little harder around the edges.
     Coming Undone by Tantric has some great piano melodies on it along with some wonderful guitar. The singer has a rough but pleasant voice that gets under your skin and pulls you into the music. I love the tempo of this song as well, slow and fast. It pulls you in and pushes you down all at the same time, just awesome.
     Undead by Hollywood Undead is about sending a message to all those people in Hollywood that don't give people a chance. I love the message of this song, but I also love the half singing and rapping in this song. It reminds me so much of Linkin Park on so many levels, which is another reason why I love this band and song.
    The Catalyst by Linkin Park has a great message, but it just doesn't have the usual Linkin Park greatness that we have all come to expect from this exceptional band. I just hope the rest of their new album isn't like their first single.
    So I just wanted to give you a little information about these songs and bands, in the hopes that you will download some of these songs and branch out in the music world. I love new artists in any genre, and it's great to promote bands that might not be that well known. If something strikes you, go ahead and download it and you just might like or even love it!
     Let me know what you guys think of this cd, the artists, or any other music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tattoos.... Addictive or Not?

Tattoos although painful, are something that society accepts and even praises now a days. Long ago it was something that mostly men who were in some branch of the service did to prove their bravery and have a lasting memory of the honor they got while serving. Now not only do men get tattoos but more and more women are getting tattoos, and not just in places that you can't see all the time either. Kat VonD comes to mind when I think of women who are very liberal with tattoos and look amazing and beautiful with them as well, (even if she is a man stealer). She not only has a lot of tattoos, but she is an amazing tattoo artist and runs her own shop, you can watch her on LA Ink. I waited until I was completely sure, and had enough money before I got my first tattoo last year on spring break during student teaching. I had to wait until I had a break from school, because I got my first tattoo along the side of my right foot, and I would not have been able to wear the correct and appro

Remembering 9/11....

       I just wanted to say thank you to all those people out there who serve our country, and protect us day and night.        9 years ago, I was sitting in my 7th grade study hall, when we heard people running through the halls, thats when my teacher went out to investigate and he found out what was going on. He came back into the classroom and turned on our tv. What we saw was horrifying, surreal, and very very sad. I saw the second world trade center tower fall, and I saw people jumping out of the building, and I saw debris crashing to the ground in NYC. As a 7th grader, I was in shock, to me the U.S. was impenetrable. I really never thought that something like that could happen to my country. I was shocked, appalled, and confused. I realize now how naive I was, and how my judgement and view on life was forever changed that day.        I really have no idea whether it was the planes that knocked the towers down, or if it was explosives set off inside. For more information on the

My Job Search

Since I graduated college, I have been searching for a job in the area where I now live with my husband and our dog, Brama. At the moment, to be honest, I do not care where I work. I just need a job that will keep me busy and pay my bills. I have applied to about 15 stores and locations, have had 6 interviews, and one part time job offer at a local dollar store. My problem with this situation is that I am a college graduate! I graduated from a good school, with good grades, in what I thought would be a wonderful career, which is teaching. So far though, I realize that the recent economic problems are affecting me more than I thought they would. Many places are either not hiring, or only hiring part time, which does not help my situation at all.  I am not trying to complain, but at the same time, I did not pay that much money to go to college, and then not get a job because the economy is in a recession and school budget cuts are at an all time high. Why is it that when the economy is