Skip to main content

MORE VEGGIES!

So at the beginning of my fitness journey I decided to also concentrate on healthy eating. This meant that I reduced the amount of sugar I'm eating or drinking. I'm trying to add veggies into each meal everyday. I'm drinking more water. Thus far, I have been doing really well on my healthy eating goals.

For the past 3 days I have drank 90 ounces of water, beating my 80 ounce goal. That's all in thanks to my new 30 oz inspiring water bottle.


I have stayed away from sweets and sugars and cut out all soda. This was very difficult the first few days, but now I don't crave it at all. I get all my sugar from fruits that I eat throughout the day. I also snack on homemade trail mix that contains some dried fruits in it when I am craving something sweet.

Lately I've been trying different ways to add new and more veggies into my daily meals. I ate a lot of steamed broccoli last week. This week I did meal planning and have roasted veggies in my lunch all week. I made sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. The other day I made crispy buffalo cauliflower poppers for lunch, which were awesome. Last week I made zucchini noodles, or zoodles, instead of regular pasta. Last night I made spaghetti squash noodles instead of regular noodles and topped it with homemade Alfredo sauce. The spaghetti squash noodles were different but actually good. They're crunchier than normal noodles, but don't taste like squash. I have been adding small salads to meals as well with fat free dressing. This has been a major change and improvement for me.







I love my morning workouts as well. I've been getting up at 5 am to work out before work. This is a much better solution for getting my workout in during the day. After I get home from work I'm with my two small kids and it's just hard to get in a good workout while they're awake right now, so morning workouts it is! Plus, I get it done with early, and have the rest of the day to do whatever I want to do! I don't have to worry about coming home from work and trying to get my workout in after a long day. I've been mixing my workouts right now before I start the A Little Obsessed program and then the big one, 80 Day Obsession. I started with some YouV2 workouts, then jumped into Country Heat, and then now I'm going to do the Clean Week workouts until Monday. On Monday I am going to start the intro program, A Little Obsessed, to get me started and ready for 80 day Obsession.


I really have been trying my best to change my lifestyle and help myself meet my goals. Here are my goals for 2018:

1. Lose 20 lbs by my birthday, 2/4
2. Complete the 80 Day Obsession Workout program by 4/15
3. Lose 122 lbs by 6/14 to earn $2813 from my Healthywage bet
4. Spend more time doing outdoor activities (biking, walking, running, kayaking, hiking, etc.)
5. Give up soda for an entire year - 12/27/18

I realize that these are big goals, but they are attainable, and they are things I need to achieve in order to change my life. Yes, they are fixated a little on weight loss, but I am hoping that if I change my lifestyle, eating habits, and work out more that I will lose weight. After all, I am doing all of this to be healthier and fitter. I can do this!
Image result for goal crushing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tattoos.... Addictive or Not?

Tattoos although painful, are something that society accepts and even praises now a days. Long ago it was something that mostly men who were in some branch of the service did to prove their bravery and have a lasting memory of the honor they got while serving. Now not only do men get tattoos but more and more women are getting tattoos, and not just in places that you can't see all the time either. Kat VonD comes to mind when I think of women who are very liberal with tattoos and look amazing and beautiful with them as well, (even if she is a man stealer). She not only has a lot of tattoos, but she is an amazing tattoo artist and runs her own shop, you can watch her on LA Ink. I waited until I was completely sure, and had enough money before I got my first tattoo last year on spring break during student teaching. I had to wait until I had a break from school, because I got my first tattoo along the side of my right foot, and I would not have been able to wear the correct and appro

Remembering 9/11....

       I just wanted to say thank you to all those people out there who serve our country, and protect us day and night.        9 years ago, I was sitting in my 7th grade study hall, when we heard people running through the halls, thats when my teacher went out to investigate and he found out what was going on. He came back into the classroom and turned on our tv. What we saw was horrifying, surreal, and very very sad. I saw the second world trade center tower fall, and I saw people jumping out of the building, and I saw debris crashing to the ground in NYC. As a 7th grader, I was in shock, to me the U.S. was impenetrable. I really never thought that something like that could happen to my country. I was shocked, appalled, and confused. I realize now how naive I was, and how my judgement and view on life was forever changed that day.        I really have no idea whether it was the planes that knocked the towers down, or if it was explosives set off inside. For more information on the

Data Entry Clerk

I received a call yesterday from Pro-Tell, a company based out of Norwich, saying that they had seen my resume online and would like me to come in and do the typing tests to become a data entry clerk. So I figured, hey I might as well try this right? It's full time, 40-45 hours a week, and it will last until next summer! Exactly what I was looking for, and well I have been typing on the computer since I was like 5! I get there and I have to do two typing tests, one for words and one for numbers. Before I begin both tests, I am told that accuracy is more important than speed. Therefore, I make sure that my typing is correct rather than speedy. Both of my tests are completely correct and accurate, but I am told on both that I need to pick up my speed. No problem, I think to myself because when I am regularly typing I am pretty quick. Well the boss comes in and tells me that I am right on the borderline, and that he will have to call me tomorrow to see if they will allow me to become