Skip to main content

Book # 23

For the last week, I have been reading another John Green book, Paper Towns. He is again, the author of the amazing book, Looking for Alaska. Therefore, while I was at the warehouse book sale, I figured I would pick up a few more of his books to read.
Another book for 1$ at the sale.
This book is about a guy and a girl, who have known each other almost their whole lives, and yet really don't know each other at all. This guy is in love with this girl, who decides to leave their town. He decides to search for her using her clues as a way to find her. This book is more about self discovery, and about how a person is usually only how you see them. It is hard for us to see people as themselves, we usually see people as how we want to see them. This was such an interesting part of this book, and I really loved how that was the center of the book, rather than the boy character's love for the girl character. We have all had that moment, where we finally meet someone and they're not who we thought they were. That is usually because we project our ideas of them onto them, and then when they don't stand up to those ideas we are disappointed and hurt. My questions is, "How long can you live as someone else's idea of yourself?" That is what Margo, the girl character in this book is trying to escape. She can no longer live as her friends' idea of Margo, her parents' idea of Margo, or even Quentin's (the main character) idea of Margo. She finally has to leave in order for her to become herself, her own idea of herself. Quentin also has some life changing revelations during the book, and he finally realizes the real person he is, and the real people his friends are without projecting a perfect image upon them. It's a great book for teens, and I really loved it as an adult as well. It illustrates how difficult it can be to transition from a high school student to an adult at graduation.

Rating: (out of 7 stars)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering 9/11....

       I just wanted to say thank you to all those people out there who serve our country, and protect us day and night.        9 years ago, I was sitting in my 7th grade study hall, when we heard people running through the halls, thats when my teacher went out to investigate and he found out what was going on. He came back into the classroom and turned on our tv. What we saw was horrifying, surreal, and very very sad. I saw the second world trade center tower fall, and I saw people jumping out of the building, and I saw debris crashing to the ground in NYC. As a 7th grader, I was in shock, to me the U.S. was impenetrable. I really never thought that something like that could happen to my country. I was shocked, appalled, and confused. I realize now how naive I was, and how my judgement and view on life was forever changed that day.        I really have no idea whether it was the planes that knocked the towers down, or if it was explosives set off inside. For more information on the

Tattoos.... Addictive or Not?

Tattoos although painful, are something that society accepts and even praises now a days. Long ago it was something that mostly men who were in some branch of the service did to prove their bravery and have a lasting memory of the honor they got while serving. Now not only do men get tattoos but more and more women are getting tattoos, and not just in places that you can't see all the time either. Kat VonD comes to mind when I think of women who are very liberal with tattoos and look amazing and beautiful with them as well, (even if she is a man stealer). She not only has a lot of tattoos, but she is an amazing tattoo artist and runs her own shop, you can watch her on LA Ink. I waited until I was completely sure, and had enough money before I got my first tattoo last year on spring break during student teaching. I had to wait until I had a break from school, because I got my first tattoo along the side of my right foot, and I would not have been able to wear the correct and appro

Data Entry Clerk

I received a call yesterday from Pro-Tell, a company based out of Norwich, saying that they had seen my resume online and would like me to come in and do the typing tests to become a data entry clerk. So I figured, hey I might as well try this right? It's full time, 40-45 hours a week, and it will last until next summer! Exactly what I was looking for, and well I have been typing on the computer since I was like 5! I get there and I have to do two typing tests, one for words and one for numbers. Before I begin both tests, I am told that accuracy is more important than speed. Therefore, I make sure that my typing is correct rather than speedy. Both of my tests are completely correct and accurate, but I am told on both that I need to pick up my speed. No problem, I think to myself because when I am regularly typing I am pretty quick. Well the boss comes in and tells me that I am right on the borderline, and that he will have to call me tomorrow to see if they will allow me to become