Skip to main content

My 10 Ten picks for Books to be made into Movies

There are so many books out there that are already made into movies, but there are a lot of books that I would love to see on the big screen sometime. Here is my list of the top ten books I think should be made into movies.

1. The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
Such a great book, about a girl coming of age, dealing with the exact thing she tried to avoid throughout her whole life.

2. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCaffterty
There are five books in this series, and I love each and every one of them. Jessica Darling is hilarious, and complex and it would be great to see a strong female character on the big screen.

3. If I Should Die Before I Wake by Han Nolan
All of Han Nolan's books are amazing, but this one seriously touches my soul. It's about a girl who is seeing the world from her perspective, and gets a chance to see the world through the eyes of a woman who survived some of the worst parts of the Holocaust.

4. 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult
This book might never make it to the screen, even though others of hers have, and I can understand why. This book is about a school shooting, but it's also about the pressures of high school, relationships in general, and bullying.

5. Flight by Sherman Alexie
This book is about a young Native American boy who is going through a time in his life where he could make the wrong decisions, and its about where he goes to find answers to those questions. Sherman Alexie has other novels that have made it to the screen, but I would love to see this one.

6. Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Although, these books are still going, and one was just released, I would love to see this series be made into movies. This is kind of the opposite of the Vampire and Werewolf craze right now, these books focus on Shadowhunters who keep order for the dark part of the world to keep humans safe from downworlders.

7. Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
This is a series that is fantasy as well, and meant for younger readers. I love this series because it focuses on faeries that live underground, and do not want to be found by humans.

8. Uglies, Pretties, Specials series by Scott Westerfield
This is another great series that is about a society after ours that is so advanced that they have broken people up into groups based on looks. It's a great series that pulls you in, and seriously makes contemplate our world today.

9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
This book is about the Holocaust as well, but from another perspective. It's also about a girl and her travels, and how death follows her around.

10. Any Sarah Dessen book
Sarah Dessen has published like 8 or 10 books. I have read and enjoyed them all, and I wouldn't mind seeing at least one of them on the silver screen. They all have strong female characters, that are in love or having trouble with relationships.

There's my list of my top ten. Hope you enjoy!

Comments

  1. Hungar Games would have probably been number 1, but they are casting right now to make a movie out of the series so I didn't put it in. But I can't wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tattoos.... Addictive or Not?

Tattoos although painful, are something that society accepts and even praises now a days. Long ago it was something that mostly men who were in some branch of the service did to prove their bravery and have a lasting memory of the honor they got while serving. Now not only do men get tattoos but more and more women are getting tattoos, and not just in places that you can't see all the time either. Kat VonD comes to mind when I think of women who are very liberal with tattoos and look amazing and beautiful with them as well, (even if she is a man stealer). She not only has a lot of tattoos, but she is an amazing tattoo artist and runs her own shop, you can watch her on LA Ink. I waited until I was completely sure, and had enough money before I got my first tattoo last year on spring break during student teaching. I had to wait until I had a break from school, because I got my first tattoo along the side of my right foot, and I would not have been able to wear the correct and appro

Remembering 9/11....

       I just wanted to say thank you to all those people out there who serve our country, and protect us day and night.        9 years ago, I was sitting in my 7th grade study hall, when we heard people running through the halls, thats when my teacher went out to investigate and he found out what was going on. He came back into the classroom and turned on our tv. What we saw was horrifying, surreal, and very very sad. I saw the second world trade center tower fall, and I saw people jumping out of the building, and I saw debris crashing to the ground in NYC. As a 7th grader, I was in shock, to me the U.S. was impenetrable. I really never thought that something like that could happen to my country. I was shocked, appalled, and confused. I realize now how naive I was, and how my judgement and view on life was forever changed that day.        I really have no idea whether it was the planes that knocked the towers down, or if it was explosives set off inside. For more information on the

My Job Search

Since I graduated college, I have been searching for a job in the area where I now live with my husband and our dog, Brama. At the moment, to be honest, I do not care where I work. I just need a job that will keep me busy and pay my bills. I have applied to about 15 stores and locations, have had 6 interviews, and one part time job offer at a local dollar store. My problem with this situation is that I am a college graduate! I graduated from a good school, with good grades, in what I thought would be a wonderful career, which is teaching. So far though, I realize that the recent economic problems are affecting me more than I thought they would. Many places are either not hiring, or only hiring part time, which does not help my situation at all.  I am not trying to complain, but at the same time, I did not pay that much money to go to college, and then not get a job because the economy is in a recession and school budget cuts are at an all time high. Why is it that when the economy is