Skip to main content

The Pitches Are Back

Pitch Perfect 3 is hilarious, fun, and uplifting for women and girls.

Pitch Perfect 3 was released in theaters this week. Pitch Perfect lovers everywhere will be flocking to theaters to stuff their faces with popcorn and candy and laugh their asses off at Fat Amy’s crazy shenanigans.

A couple of friends and I decided to catch the 7 p.m. showing at our local theater last night. It was a great way to let off some steam thanks to the stress of students before a holiday break and preparing for Christmas at home.

First of all, I absolutely love the first and second Pitch Perfect movies. They have the right combination of singing, dancing, hilarity, and love for me.
When I saw the previews for this movie I was not sure how this would be honestly. I thought it looked a little crazy. I also loved how the last one ended, and wondered if they would ruin it by making another movie. Even so, I loved the first two and wanted to see this movie in theaters. This one also features some new actors and actresses like Ruby Rose, John Lithgow, and DJ Khaled. They also left out a couple of characters from the previous two movies like Skylar Astin as Jesse and Adam Devine as Bumper.

First off, I think they did another good job with this movie. The girls are back and are again unsure what or where to go in their lives. Becca is fighting against producing music for terrible artists, Chloe is trying to become a vet, Aubrey wants to leave her job for something more meaningful, and Fat Amy is well… Fat Amy.

The girls get back together to perform in a USO tour for troops thanks to Aubrey’s dad. They quickly realize they are out of their element since they are acapella artists and the other groups are legitimate bands who play instruments as well as sing. They try to gain their ground by competing with the other groups in a “riff off” but the other groups don’t know the rules and they quickly lose due to their lack of instruments. They continue to perform trying to have fun and hope to win the spot to open for DJ Khaled in the final televised production.
Of course throughout the course of the movie the girls get themselves into compromising situations and create some trouble along the way, as they are known to do. Fat Amy creates a lot of funny and yet awkward situations that are hilarious.

Hilarity aside, my favorite aspect of these movies is the running theme of sisterhood and friendship. Throughout all three movies you see these girls constantly supporting, helping, and caring for one another. This idea of loving other girls rather than putting them down is a concept that is not always presented in media. As a teacher, coach, and a mother of a daughter I always try to express to young 
girls to help build each other up rather than tear each other down. These movies do that beautifully.

In the end, when Becca has been chosen to perform alone, she naturally wants to say no and include all of the Bellas, but the girls want her to be successful and happy. The Bellas are loving sisters that constantly push one another to be better, happy, and healthy individuals. The Bellas call themselves family, and in fact they are each other’s family in the way that they show constant love and support for one another. The girls are also good about calling one another out when necessary. They all seem to accept each other as who they are and that is a great message to people watching these movies, especially young and impressionable girls.

The Bellas end the movie together and start to move on with their lives.

“Alright, ladies, pick up your tits. We’re going to show them that we are not a joke.” (Emily)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tattoos.... Addictive or Not?

Tattoos although painful, are something that society accepts and even praises now a days. Long ago it was something that mostly men who were in some branch of the service did to prove their bravery and have a lasting memory of the honor they got while serving. Now not only do men get tattoos but more and more women are getting tattoos, and not just in places that you can't see all the time either. Kat VonD comes to mind when I think of women who are very liberal with tattoos and look amazing and beautiful with them as well, (even if she is a man stealer). She not only has a lot of tattoos, but she is an amazing tattoo artist and runs her own shop, you can watch her on LA Ink. I waited until I was completely sure, and had enough money before I got my first tattoo last year on spring break during student teaching. I had to wait until I had a break from school, because I got my first tattoo along the side of my right foot, and I would not have been able to wear the correct and appro

Remembering 9/11....

       I just wanted to say thank you to all those people out there who serve our country, and protect us day and night.        9 years ago, I was sitting in my 7th grade study hall, when we heard people running through the halls, thats when my teacher went out to investigate and he found out what was going on. He came back into the classroom and turned on our tv. What we saw was horrifying, surreal, and very very sad. I saw the second world trade center tower fall, and I saw people jumping out of the building, and I saw debris crashing to the ground in NYC. As a 7th grader, I was in shock, to me the U.S. was impenetrable. I really never thought that something like that could happen to my country. I was shocked, appalled, and confused. I realize now how naive I was, and how my judgement and view on life was forever changed that day.        I really have no idea whether it was the planes that knocked the towers down, or if it was explosives set off inside. For more information on the

My Job Search

Since I graduated college, I have been searching for a job in the area where I now live with my husband and our dog, Brama. At the moment, to be honest, I do not care where I work. I just need a job that will keep me busy and pay my bills. I have applied to about 15 stores and locations, have had 6 interviews, and one part time job offer at a local dollar store. My problem with this situation is that I am a college graduate! I graduated from a good school, with good grades, in what I thought would be a wonderful career, which is teaching. So far though, I realize that the recent economic problems are affecting me more than I thought they would. Many places are either not hiring, or only hiring part time, which does not help my situation at all.  I am not trying to complain, but at the same time, I did not pay that much money to go to college, and then not get a job because the economy is in a recession and school budget cuts are at an all time high. Why is it that when the economy is