Skip to main content

The Beginning of the End of Harry Potter

 One of my favorite book series, is of course Harry Potter. I have been reading these books, and watching these movies since I was 11 years old. I have been an book lover since about third grade, maybe younger, so when I found the Harry Potter books it felt amazing. Finally, here was a series that I could really sink my teeth into. I read the first book, and just sat back in awe. Here was a fantasy book that was fun, interesting, exciting, and new. Each year or two, a new book would come out, and I would devour it within a day or two, and just marvel at the wonderful writing, amazing characters, and intricate plot lines. Each book in my opinion, was amazing in its own right. There are good and bad things about each book, but it really comes down to personal opinion, and I love them all. It was heartbreaking when the 7th and final book was released. It meant the end of the Harry Potter series, and it's been hard for me to handle the truth that no more will be published.

The movies on the other hand, were good, exciting, realistic, and wonderfully visual, but not really fulfilling in my mind. Each director has taken liberties with the books and screenplays, and has changed how we view Hogwarts, magic, Harry Potter, etc. Some of those changes were welcomed, and some of those changes (like not wearing school robes) were abhorred by some readers. I feel that some directors simply got into the Harry Potter movies, because they were lucrative and successful. I've enjoyed the movies for the simple reason that is is amazing to see a book you love brought to life on the screen, even if they ruin parts, change things, and enhance others to make them better. It has been awesome seeing quidditch, a basilisk, all the characters, a house elf, the dragons, magic wands, Hedwig, Hogwarts, and so many other things.

This year and the the next, marks the last year and last movie of the Harry Potter series. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows will be shown in two parts, the first part on November 19th. I don't know how they will resolve some of the issues from the last movie, but I imagine this movie will be amazing anyways. Splitting the last movie into two movies was genius, because they really need to take the time to do this movie right. Plus, readers and movie goers alike will go and see this movie in two parts, because it's worth it! This movie is important to readers all over the world, and they have a lot to live up to because the book that J.K. Rowling wrote was amazing, and will always be there for readers to relive.

I am sad to see Harry Potter ending, and I know that many other people are as well. It's an end of an era for Harry Potter book and movie lovers. We had been ruling for awhile hadn't we? No longer were we getting picked on for reading Harry Potter, because it was an amazing movie franchise that gained a lot of notoriety and fame. It was a way for all Harry Potter fans, and book lovers to say, "HEY! There are lots of people that read these books, we aren't the lonely losers for reading them! You are, because you haven't read them!" The tables were turned for once, and I personally loved that about this series, book and movie.

But, it's time to say goodbye to all our friends and enemies (Voldemort) at Hogwarts. It's been a real pleasure, a life changing experience, and I'll never stop reading these books. I'll pass them on to my children, so that this legacy can go on living forever. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tattoos.... Addictive or Not?

Tattoos although painful, are something that society accepts and even praises now a days. Long ago it was something that mostly men who were in some branch of the service did to prove their bravery and have a lasting memory of the honor they got while serving. Now not only do men get tattoos but more and more women are getting tattoos, and not just in places that you can't see all the time either. Kat VonD comes to mind when I think of women who are very liberal with tattoos and look amazing and beautiful with them as well, (even if she is a man stealer). She not only has a lot of tattoos, but she is an amazing tattoo artist and runs her own shop, you can watch her on LA Ink. I waited until I was completely sure, and had enough money before I got my first tattoo last year on spring break during student teaching. I had to wait until I had a break from school, because I got my first tattoo along the side of my right foot, and I would not have been able to wear the correct and appro

Remembering 9/11....

       I just wanted to say thank you to all those people out there who serve our country, and protect us day and night.        9 years ago, I was sitting in my 7th grade study hall, when we heard people running through the halls, thats when my teacher went out to investigate and he found out what was going on. He came back into the classroom and turned on our tv. What we saw was horrifying, surreal, and very very sad. I saw the second world trade center tower fall, and I saw people jumping out of the building, and I saw debris crashing to the ground in NYC. As a 7th grader, I was in shock, to me the U.S. was impenetrable. I really never thought that something like that could happen to my country. I was shocked, appalled, and confused. I realize now how naive I was, and how my judgement and view on life was forever changed that day.        I really have no idea whether it was the planes that knocked the towers down, or if it was explosives set off inside. For more information on the

My Job Search

Since I graduated college, I have been searching for a job in the area where I now live with my husband and our dog, Brama. At the moment, to be honest, I do not care where I work. I just need a job that will keep me busy and pay my bills. I have applied to about 15 stores and locations, have had 6 interviews, and one part time job offer at a local dollar store. My problem with this situation is that I am a college graduate! I graduated from a good school, with good grades, in what I thought would be a wonderful career, which is teaching. So far though, I realize that the recent economic problems are affecting me more than I thought they would. Many places are either not hiring, or only hiring part time, which does not help my situation at all.  I am not trying to complain, but at the same time, I did not pay that much money to go to college, and then not get a job because the economy is in a recession and school budget cuts are at an all time high. Why is it that when the economy is